Hi babes! I am SO excited to share this blog post with you all! I’ve actually been putting it off to make sure I could give a thorough review 🙂
YES! After going back and forth about it for so long I finally got my eyelash extensions done and I couldn’t be happier with how they came out!
I went to a local spot in town called Browning Studio and got my lashes done by Lori. She has a wealth of knowledge and experience and really made me feel comfortable during my first visit.
I have a decent lash length. This is a shot of what my lashes looked like before getting the extensions done.
Normally I would prime my lashes and then add mascara or throw on a pair of false lashes, but that takes up a good amount of time. With my eyelash extensions I am able to brush them so they’re not tangled and I am out the door!
My first visit with Lori took about an hour almost two hours. She used Synthetic Mink lashes on me, with a D curl, in the lengths 10-14. I told her I wanted a natural yet voluminous look.
She placed the pad on my lower lashes so they were covered and so she could better apply the extensions to my natural lash.
Getting eyelash extensions is totally painless. You just need to be prepared to lie down for a lengthy amount of time with your eyes closed. Lori and I were chatting a good bit so I felt like our time just flew by. But she says some of her clients fall asleep and wake up when their lashes are done. hehe
Some tips & FAQ :
- Use gentle baby shampoo if you want to clean your lashes
- You can use a spoolie or gently use your finger to clean your lashes with the shampoo
- You CANT get your lashes wet for the first 24 hours
- You have to wash (around) your eyes when it comes to your face wash routine
- Fill ins are normally every 2 weeks , it all depends on the person’s lash cycle
- When washing your face use an oil free cleanser so if it does come in contact with your lashes it wont damage them
- I like to use makeup wipes to remove my makeup. So I can get around my lashes without getting them wet
- If you are in need of a fill in and want to keep your lashes looking “full” until your next appointment. You can use “Eyelash extension safe mascara”. I saw a lot of options on Google.
- You can get your bottom lashes wet, no problem!
Final thoughts: I have been wearing the extensions for several days now and I am really enjoying them. I’ve had to make some changes to my face wash routine and switch my sleeping position so I don’t put a lot of pressure on my lashes. But even with those minor changes I am still able to lead my day to day life.
The eyelash extensions feel super lightweight and I have noticed some are starting to fall out, thats natural because all of our own eyelashes fall out too. But overall I love how they bring attention to the eye, I don’t even worry about eye makeup some days because my lashes look so great on their own.
I plan to keep the eyelash extensions up and I highly recommend that you take your time and do your research. There’s so many pros and cons to getting lashes done. One being that if you do not go to a licensed professional who knows how to properly apply them you could have a negative experience and harm your natural lash if not applied correctly.
I took months to research, find out what kind of eyelash look I wanted, and I am so glad I didn’t rush into anything. I felt very prepared and will upkeep the lashes for sure!
CLICK HERE to see the pricing list for the Browning Studio
CLICK HERE to see more of Lori’s eyelash work
COMMENT BELOW: I hope you found this blog post helpful. If you have other questions, leave them in the comment section below and I will be happy to answer them.